Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Friday, April 25, 2014

Simple & Sweet Scrappy Swap

A quick little post on what I'm currently working on in the sewing world.

making things for our secret partners.

This round we are making fabric baskets
from a tutorial offered by Birch Fabrics.
You can find the tutorial
We will fill them with goodies such as thread,
ribbons, scissors, seam rippers,
fancy lace, twill, charm packs, 
or whatever little goodies your partner
has made specific reference to.

I am creating my basket using the Economy Block
that I've been seeing all over Flickr and Instagram
(btw...if you are on Instagram, you can follow me under cindys0707).


This block is CRAZY fun to do.
It's just as much fun picking out the fabric as it is to make.


The 5" block pattern is free on Craftsy.
for sharing this!

Right now I have the front and back panels just about finished.
I'm still deciding on quilting or may some embroidery.  I'm not quite sure yet,
so I'm letting this sit a while until I can 'feel' what to do with it.


The fussy cut fabric is by Tasha Noel for Riley Blake. 
The band at the top and the red in the block is Ruby by Bonnie & Camille.
The flowers are from the Penny Lane line for Riley Blake and the outer fabric is
from Henry Glass Fabrics.

I am really excited to finish this and am hoping my secret partner will love it.

I'll share the finished project in my next post 
along with the drawstring bag I made (and the one I received!) from the last
4S round.

I hope you all find some time to be creative in your day!
Happy Friday!
Woot Woot!
xoxo
Cindy

3 comments:

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

So adorable...swaps are so much fun!!! I ususally see them though after it is too late to join!
Be well!

legato1958 said...

This is so delightful! Love these fabrics. Can't wait to see your finished swap basket.
Aren't swaps fun!!

Susie

Shay said...

Love those fussy cut blocks Cindy. And the colours you are using are divine!