Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Aliens & Pouches


The other night I was home alone.
I am a tightwad when it comes to extra lights being on in the house.
(hello??  money spent on that is taking away from my fabric splurges!)

I was up in my sewing room and needed a refill on my water.
I went downstairs, thru the completely dark house,
 into the kitchen.
 
I saw this outside.

Scared the peas out of me.  

I thought I was being invaded by Aliens.


It was a combine in the neighbors field across the one from our house.
:o)

Now on to the fun stuff.

I made this pouch,
the open wide zipper pouch
by Noodlehead.

You can find the tutorial HERE



It's a great pouch for being able to find everything because, 
like it's name,
it opens WIDE.


Here's a close up of the printed twill I used above the typewriter.


I thought it was the perfect embellishment for this pouch.
I purchased the twill at the Little Red Cottage on Etsy.
You can find the shop HERE.

I'm now off to pick out my fabric 
by Amy of eamylove.
(I love her blog!)

Amy and team have created an
Across the Pond Sew Along.

You can find the information HERE.
I hope you join in!!

Love & Hugs to all!
Cindy

5 comments:

Melissa P said...

Love your detail of the printed twill tape! It's the perfect touch.

Michele Reed said...

what a fun project! the twill looks fabulous with those fabrics! thanks so much for sharing this with me!!

Marg said...

That is really cute, love that typewriter and the twill tape.

Mama Pea said...

The pouch is adorable! Love the fabrics and the twill tape! It's so perfect! I love how it opens wide. How nice is that?!

CitricSugar said...

I'm so glad it wasn't aliens. :-) lol.

Very cute pouch!