Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Monday, January 9, 2012

Make A Difference Monday - I Am Worth It

Happy Make A Difference Monday!
I will say, I did have a couple of rough days this week.
I've been under a lot of stress at work, however,
I really paid attention to my surroundings
and kind of looked at things
 as if I were watching someone else.
When stress & pressure get to me,
I need to keep my mouth moving.
So...
I kept wanting to find something to munch on.
Now, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
I was prepared.
I had healthy food
and made some pretty darn good choices.
But Thursday and Friday...
not so much.
I learned a lot in those two days.
I also started keeping a journal
of how I feel when I have those
'have to keep my mouth moving'
moments.
Those moments come when I feel I haven't
done my best,
or didn't pay attention,
or tried to hurry,
because someone wants and answer,
or something done ASAP.
They come when a friend or loved one needs me
and I just can't be a support system at the moment,
because I need to heal myself.
What am I going to do about this type
of self-sabotage?
I'm going to stop,
take a slow, deep breath in,
exhale slowly,
and repeat over and over
until I start to believe it,
"I AM WORTH IT".
I am worth being respectful to myself.
I am worth having my alone time.
I am worth an organized home.
I am worth not hurting my body
by eating something unhealthy.
I am worth taking time to exercise.
I am worth putting myself first from time to time.
And so are you!
You are worth all things good.
You are worth being good to yourself.
Respecting yourself.
Loving yourself.
So...for the month of January,
we'll continue to work on ourselves.
We'll put ourselves first,
so we can better be there for those that need us.
I don't know about you,
but I am so tired of feeling like the life has been sucked out of me.
So take time out,
just for you.
Enjoy it.
And when the ugly tries to creep it's way in,
just repeat this to yourself:

4 comments:

Linda Coleman said...

well said Cindy

Anonymous said...

I am in tears!

Shay said...

Just the motivational inspiration I need !

Unknown said...

I left you a message on Flicker. :) Makes me think of this statement I read "God placed such a great worth on you that if you were the only one in the world, He would have sent His Son to die for your sins so that you could have eternal life with Him."
John 15:16 "I have chosen you and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain." You are precious !!!! Never forget that! And you can DO ALL things through Him that strengthens you!