Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Friday, January 27, 2012

Favourite Things Friday



Hey Everybody!
It's that time of week again,
to link up with Shay's
Favourite Things Friday.
(good gravy!  I almost missed it!)

So this week
my favorite thing
really isn't a "thing" after all.

It's my boys
My brother had his annual
BLT birthday bash last Saturday.
(BLT are the initials of my brother and two others that have created this annual event)

Now that my boys are old enough to participate,
they joined the party.
Now don't get me wrong.
It's not a sloppy drunk kind of party.
Just a get-together,
have a few drinks,
eat some good food,
sing some good karaoke
and laugh a whole bunch.
Who seriously does not need that in their life?

This year both of my boys were a RIOT.
I laughed so hard.
It was just a great time
for all of us to be together and enjoy each other's company.

My oldest, Jesse.

My youngest, Justin
(do you think he was embarrassed to be with me?)

And both of them singing a good 'ol redneck country song

Anytime that we can just hang out is a great time.
All of us in my household are so busy
that these times are rare.
But when they happen,
we know how to have fun.
And that is my absolute favorite thing.
Just all of us having a great time
and enjoying each others company.

I may mention that my boys are the best huggers EVER!
I love a good 'ol bear hug.
Nothing puts a smile on my face
bigger than that.

I am so blessed.
(Hey mom....are you smiling?  I lived up to my promise and did not post your picture)
LOL

May you find this much happiness in your favorite things every day!
xoxo
Cindy

9 comments:

Melissa P said...

Awwwww...look at that. How great that you got to spend time together having fun and laughing. Those moments go a long way in keeping the sanity intact.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Shay said...

Ok- It looks like your kids got your gorgeous genes. Very handsome.

I love those kind of get together. relaxing , laughing , good food and fabulous company and I'm so pleased you got to share some time with your boys.

My sister loves karaoke too (but she's really bad at it !)

Marg said...

Sounds like a really great time. Love the pics of you and your boys.

Helsie said...

Sounds terrific. Glad you all had such a good time.
Cheers

Cindy Sharp said...

Sons are an awesome thing! So glad you all got to play together.

Angie in SoCal said...

You are blessed! What a wonderful time making great memories.

Kate said...

Family stuff is the best FTF. Looks like fun was had by all.

quiltygal said...

Hi Cindy ...Thanks for visiting.... looks as if you all had a ball Times with family are to be treasured for sure ...

linda said...

they look like great boys cindy glad you were all having fun together i love red neck songs !!lets have more :))))