Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Monday, April 4, 2011

Sewing Room Sneak Peak & Doll Quilt Swap





I'm sorry for the blurry picture here,
but remember this room?
At one time 
it belonged to 
my youngest son, Justin.
But he left for college.
It's now being transformed
into my new sewing room. 
Here's a sneak peak of the same area:
What do you think?
I am SO loving it!
Tonight I finished all the painting.
My husband and son did the electrical work
(put additional outlets in and
a new ceiling fan).
Now we just have to
take care of the floor
then I can start to move in!






Below is the fabric I
purchased for my curtains.
Oh yeah....
Total chic room!
No boys allowed!
LOL

Madison Poppy Pink

I also participated in a doll quilt swap
at Once Upon a Quilt.  Here's the quilt I made

my swap partner, Kris:



I was very happy with how this came out.
But when I got mine,
I just didn't have words
for how much I love it.
All hand stitched.
Absolutely beautiful!!
This will definitely have
a special place in my new
sewing room.
I know I said I would be posting 
a recipe, and one is coming.
I have just been driving 
myself crazy working on my new room.
But I have a good one for you
in the next couple days.
I hope this finds you well
and happy!
xoxo

6 comments:

Kris said...

I am so glad you like the quilt. Oh. And I love, love, love that colour on your walls! So pretty!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Love the wall color and the red curtains will look great! Your swap quilts are awesome too! I can't wait to get started on mine too. Jenn

Melissa P said...

Gorgeous wall color! You are making good progress.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I love your paint color! that is going to be a super looking room!
Your doll quilt is adorable as is the one you received!!

FabricFascination said...

Your quilts are beautiful, both the one you made, and the one you received. I really like the shade of paint you chose for your room too.

Lettyb said...

Your paint color is beautiful! I've noticed that turquoise colors are just great with nearly all quilts... ;)